This is the website of Peter Weilbacher, working as a PostDoc in the 3D Spectroscopy Program at AIP.
Leibniz-Institut für Astrophysik Potsdam
An der Sternwarte 16
Phone +49 331 7499-667
Fax +49 331 7499-429
pweilbacher AT aip.de
, encryption key ID
N 52° 24' 17''
E 13° 06' 07''
My interests in astronomical and astrophysical research are manifold:
- Interacting and Merging Galaxies
- Dwarf Galaxies and Starbursts
- Galaxy Evolution
- Integral Field Spectroscopy
- Data reduction methods and software
- Data Visualization
Projects that I am actually involved in more or less actively are summarized here:
- The MUSE instrument, a giant integral field spectrograph for the ESO VLT:
- The GALEV evolutionary synthesis code to study evolution of galaxies and star clusters (internal page).
- Interacting Galaxies:
- The SISCO "High Redshift" project: Lyman Break Galaxies around QSOs at redshift 3, spectral properties and clustering.
- Interpretation of redshift survey data of the 2SLAQ survey (wedge plots, data distribution page in Australia).
- Evolutionary modeling of galaxies in Deep Fields (e.g. the William Herschel Deep Field)
- Star formation in dwarf galaxies: gaseous emission, star formation rates, and spectral energy distributions