Knowledge and Technology Transfer
The main foci of the Leibniz Institute of Astrophysics Potsdam (AIP) are cosmic magnetic fields and extragalactic astrophysics, but spectroscopy, robotic telescopes and E-Science are also areas of expertise. The AIP is part of an excellent research network through its intensive collaboration with numerous national and international science institutes and in cooperation with industry, AIP uses its proficiency and experience to advance innovative projects.
The Knowledge and Technology Transfer (KTT) department is the result of the excellent fundamental research of the AIP. In accordance with the transfer motto of the Leibniz Association - “theoria cum praxi: science for the benefit of the people” - these research findings are made available to the public and industry through many transfer activities.
Individuals commissioned for Knowledge and Technology Transfer at AIP
Dr. Silvia Adelhelm
Dipl.-Kfm. Marvin Stolz, M.Sc.
Some of the many tasks of the KTT are the support of:
- Transfer based research efforts, e.g. conducting research projects in cooperation with transfer partners.
- Applicable output, e.g. patents, licenses, external projects, spin-offs.
- Informational output, e.g. information for employees and transfer partners, provision of information about funding programs.
- Qualification, e.g. collaboration with universities, further education.
- Networking, e.g. setup and maintenance of networks with groups close to the KTT.
- Publicity output: e.g. informing the public through publications, interviews, events and exhibitions.
We offer expert support for all questions to the KTT, especially about:
- Startup, application and support for cooperation projects.
- Copyright and exploitation.
- Practical applications and processes for research results,
- Benefits of a modern research and development infrastructure, e.g. laboratory demonstrations.
- Seminars and training events.