The extremely elliptical orbit of SPEKTRUM UV permits to carry out
continuous astronomical observations for more than 30 hours.
In the course of time the orbit will gradually loose its extreme
excentricity and step up its inclination against the Earth equator.
The given numbers refer to the first year of the mission, those in
paranthesis to the second.
- Apogee height (km): 295000 (240000)
- Perigee height (km): 500 (49000)
- Inclination (deg): 51.5 (64.7)
- Longitude of the ascending node (deg): 201 (184.3)
- Argument of perigee (deg): 315 (317.5)
- Period (days): 7.0 (6.7)
Return to the Introduction
to the Stellar Physics Mainpage
firstname.lastname@example.org - T. Bloecker - 24. Jan. 1996