SDW2022 was held from 4th September to 9th September, 2022, at the Telegrafenberg Campus of the Leibniz-Institute for Astrophysics Potsdam, Germany.
The 7th installment of a successful series of workshops brought together scientists and engineers who develop, produce, implement and operate the most advanced imaging sensors used in scientific instrumentation.
The workshop builds on a consolidated format that includes talks from the leading experts in the technology and scientific fields, and provides extensive time for discussions during oral/poster sessions, and interactive roundtables. Informal discussions continue during group activities promoted by the social and cultural events featuring the best offered by the location of choice, Potsdam. The workshop formula is tailored to keep an informal and conducive atmosphere to the exchange of information and establishing long-lasting relationships and collaborations.
The proceedings will be peer-reviewed and published as a feature issue of the Astronomische Nachrichten / Astronomical Notes (AN)
The focus was given to the fields of astronomy and earth sciences, on the following topics:
- Status & plans for astronomical facilities & instrumentation (ground & space)
- Earth and Planetary Science missions and instrumentation
- Laboratory instrumentation (physical chemistry, synchrotrons, etc.)
- Detector materials (from Si and HgCdTe to strained layer superlattices)
- Sensor architectures - CCD, monolithic CMOS, hybrid CMOS, APDs
- Sensor electronics
- Sensor packaging and mosaics
- Sensor testing and characterization
- Non-astronomical applications
- Curved detectors
- Quantizing CCDs for Astronomy
- Simulators, post-processing tools, etc