eduroam - terms and conditions
Terms of usage of the eduroam network at AIP
The AIP provides a wireless network to get access to the Internet via eduroam. The SSID is: eduroam
The network serves two purposes:
- Provide access to the Internet for guests and members of foreign institutions which are temporaerily in the AIP and need access to the Internet.
- Provide access to the Internet for employees of the AIP if they are in foreign institutions and need access to the Internet there.
The AIP eduroam network is part of the worldwide eduroam infrastructure which is operated by many institutions around the world. By using the eduroam network you agree to the terms of usage set up by the DFN-Verein.
Precondition for the use of the eduroam network is a valid account in the AIP or an other institution in the eduroam. AIP accounts are of the form: <username>@aip.de.
Successful authentication in the eduroam network entitles you to access the Internet and services the AIP is providing for general use in the Internet. Users with a valid AIP account get direct access to AIP internal resources. Users with a valid account of other institutions which are authenticated to access the eduroam network are not entitled to access AIP-internal services unless they own a special permission to do so via VPN or the AIP login gateway.
Misuse of the eduroam network, like:
- access to systems or services you don't have permission for
- provision of content which is protected by intellectual property and you don't own a license for
- misuse of protocols or services as well as provision of services which claim to be other services
- probing of access control mechanisms or security facilities of partners on the internet
- excessive use of resources of the network or servers in terms of the amount of data transported or stored or the amount of parallel connections at the same time
are not permitted and entitle the AIP to terminate your account.
The AIP reserves the right to block acces to certain services in the Internet for security reasons.
The AIP will store your account name and IP address only for the purpose of providing this service and will not further disclose this information to third parties.