At the AIP, several mailling list servers distribute messages to the general institute, the public, as well as to certain groups of recipients.
Please, take into account:
- It is not guaranteed that the intended recipients are subscribed to a mailing list and that they receive or read their e-mails. Especially you should not rely on that certain recipients are not subscribed to a mailing list. In order to transmit confidential information, you should better write to the recpient directly instead of using a malling list!
- Some lists accept incoming messages only from computer within the API intranet, others are accessble from the outside. Additionlly, lists can be configured to accept incoming messages only from given addresses or to accept only a limited set of content types.
Mailing lists of general interest:
The central mailling list server serves a number of lists of general interest.
The mailing list <email@example.com> is intended to spread information on scientific events or similar to arbitrary e-mail addresses throughout the world. All subscribed addresses are allowed to post to the list. You are entitled to subscribe yourself:
- Subscribe: Send an empty e-mail to <firstname.lastname@example.org>.
- Unsubscribe: Send an empty e-mail to <email@example.com>.
The mailing list <firstname.lastname@example.org> is intended to distribute information to the employees of the AIP. Guests and external collaborators are not subscribed to this list. All subscribed e-mail addresses are allowed to post to the list. The list is regulary updated based on information of the HR department, so you should not bother about your subscription.
The mailing list <email@example.com> is intended to distribute information to all persons with an AIP e-mail address. Posting to the list is only possible from within the AIP network. Staff members are subscribed automatically, guest may subscribe themself to the list:
- Subscribe: Send an empty e-mail to <firstname.lastname@example.org> from within the AIP network.
- Unsubscribe: Send an empty e-mail to <email@example.com> from within the AIP network.
The IT Services department maintains a large number of mailling lists for the institute. If you want a new list, please send us an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org containing the following information:
- name of the list
- e-mail addresses of the recipients
- who should be able to send to this list
We will create the list and ensure it will work. Please, inform us when a list is not needed anymore or when the recipients should be updated!
More information is available on our Intranet pages.