At the AIP, several mailling list servers distribute messages to the general institute, the public, as well as to certain groups of recipients.
Please, take into account:
- It is not guaranteed that the intended recipients are subscribed to a mailing list and that they receive or read their e-mails. Especially you should not rely on that certain recipients are not subscribed to a mailing list. In order to transmit confidential information, you should better write to the recpient directly instead of using a malling list!
Mailing lists of general interest:
The central mailling list server serves a number of lists of general interest.
The mailing list <email@example.com> is intended to spread information on scientific events or similar to arbitrary e-mail addresses throughout the world. All subscribed addresses are allowed to post to the list. You are entitled to subscribe yourself:
- Subscribe: Send an empty e-mail to <firstname.lastname@example.org>.
- Unsubscribe: Send an empty e-mail to <email@example.com>.
- Check if your address is subscribed: Send an empty e-mail to: <firstname.lastname@example.org>.
The mailing list <email@example.com> is intended to distribute information to all subscribers regardless of their contractual relation with the AIP. The Precondition is an e-mail address in the AIP. Posting to the list is only possible from within the AIP network. You may subscribe yourself to the list:
- Subscribe: Send an empty e-mail to <firstname.lastname@example.org> from within the AIP network.
- Unsubscribe: Send an empty e-mail to <email@example.com> from within the AIP network.
- Check if your address is subscribed: Send an empty e-mail to <firstname.lastname@example.org>.
The mailing list <email@example.com> is intended to distribute information to the employees of the AIP. Guests and external collaborators are not subscribed to this list. All subscribed e-mail addresses are allowed to post to the list. The list is regulary updated based on information of the HR department, so you should not bother about your subscription
- Check if you are subscribed: Send an empty e-mail to <firstname.lastname@example.org>.
The IT Services department maintains a large number of mailling lists for the institute. If you want a new list, please send us an e-mail to email@example.com containing the following information:
- name of the list
- e-mail addresses of the recipients
- who should be able to send to this list
We will create the list and ensure it will work. Please, inform us when a list is not needed anymore or when the recipients should be updated!