RoboTel is a smaller copy of the robotic telescope STELLA. Its main use is as a test-bed for in-house developed telescope hardware as the weather in Potsdam makes routine science operation difficult.
- Cassegrain system
- 80 cm main mirror
- total aperture ratio F/8.0
- field of view with corrector 30 arcmin
- mirror material Astro-Sitall
- rotatable teriary mirror serves both Nasmyth foci
- positioning speed 10°/s
- installed in the Schwarzschild building at the AIP
Documentation in German: RoboTel – Das Schüler- und Forschungsteleskop (pdf)
RoboTel was sponsired by the European Union, European Fund for regional development.